Let’s be honest, life gets in the way sometimes. What we all need to do to stay strong and healthy is to set priorities. Crossfit is one mine and Tom’s priorities. We both try to do 3 to 5 workouts every week. For many people getting here consistently is tough. what gets in your way? here are some examples: school, kids, illness, drinks with friends, errands, family, work deadlines… All these things get in the way, but if you make your health a priority you will find ways to get around this. The biggest excuse we hear ( and i know that we’ve all used this one) is that we don’t have time or we’re too busy. I made a pact with myself this past year, that I will carve out time for me. I am so much stronger now than I was 6 months ago!
What are some ways to commit and be consistent?
- Make a friend at CFP and text each other to set up Wod dates
- Commit to coming 3,4 or 5 times per week and stick with it!
- Pack your gym bag. If you come in the morning, pack it the night before, put our your clothes and be ready to go
- After work, come straight to the box. Do not go grocery shopping, banking etc… You will not end up showing up!
- Set a goal. Example: By the end January, I want to have done 10, 12, 15, 20 workouts. I want to lose 5 pounds. By setting goals and writing them down. you will succeed!
- Worse comes to worse do a body weight workout in your home… Some squats, push ups, sit ups and bob’s your uncle!
Bench – 5 x 12 – at 70%
5 rounds for time of:
Row 250 meters
25 – 45-lb. thrusters,