Tom has been fasting for 2 months now – once a week. I’ve been doing it for about 5 weeks once a week and sometimes twice a week. I love it! Tom does too. Nothing much to think about. No calorie counting. Eat normally the rest of the week. I’ve been coaching about 9 to 10 hours on mondays and it’s the perfect day to do it. We have both lost inches and pounds. I’ve lost about 5 pounds. The area that feels like it’s changed the most for both of us is the mid section.
Here is a little tidbit from the site:
Bottom line – there are lots of experts who can help you with the extremes. So if extreme is what you want, there are lots of options. I’m a master of ‘good enough’. If looking good and being healthy is important to you, but not at the expense of consuming your life, than I have some pretty simple, time tested advice.
- Fast once or twice a week – it doesn’t have to be 24 hours, it could be 16, or 20, must make sure you’re taking a break from eating occasionally.
- Stress less. Do your best to only stress about the things that are actually worth stressing about.
- Lift. As little as twice a week can do wonders. Three to four times per week is great, just be careful as you’ll start to see diminishing returns after a while.
- Move. Do something that makes you breath a little harder each and every day. I like climbing, but do something that you find fun.
- Eat. PLEASE EAT. But eat responsibly. You don’t have to be a saint with your food, but you can’t eat like every day is thanksgiving either.
- Sleep – Get a good nights sleep. If you’re doing the first five things properly, this should be a little bit easier.