With CrossFit Pickering graduation ceremonies for 30 day and 60 day Bootcampers just having past, its likely time to remind everyone of the unwritten rules that CrossFitters try to live by. We are all human, and sometimes forget these “guidelines” but by and large, these form the framework for a happy time at the BOX.
Personally, there are a few others I’d like to throw in there…like pee before the coach says 10 seconds, or remember that 10lb plates go with 10lb plates, bumpers stack with bumpers, green bars go in the slots all in a row, kettlebells group by weight, and the weight labels on the wall balls face out…but maybe I’m a bit picky….
Stick these little nuggets below and we’ll get along just fine…
1. Be honest. No rep your no reps. Though the score’s on the board, you’re really only competing against yourself.
2. Give your best every day, and know that your best will change from day to day.
3. Don’t be an ass.
4. Motivate your fellow athlete. Everyone needs help sometimes.
5. Be social. Introduce yourself to the newbie. Make a new friend.
6. Check your ego at the door (and scale when necessary). The WOD is usually harder than it looks.
7. Work on your weaknesses; skills need your undivided attention.
8. Be patient with your progress, some things take time.
9. Have fun!
10. Put your equipment away (where you found it). No, the 25lb kettlebell doesn’t go with the 75lb kettlebells.
11. Eat right, whatever that means to you. Spend the money and the time getting it right.
12. Don’t avoid WODs because you don’t like them. Most of the time, that’s exactly what you need.
Todays WOD is a favourite...A classic Couplet that will challenge your speed, your agility, your strength and your toughness.
NANCY – 5 rounds for time
400 metre sprint
15 Overhead Squats 95/65
Remember…this one goes up on the whiteboard. It you don’t have a slot, ask a coach to help you…measure your progress. If you do have a slot, check out your time to beat before you start…