Like we really need a reason to celebrate…
Well as our own Sarah Zee would say…”reason, I don’t need no stinkin’ reason”
Although todays WOD might look vaguely familiar to our CrossFit Pickering faithful I can assure you that by showing up for todays warmup…shown below…
You will be MFPRing all the way to Guadalajara!!!
Here are a few FUN facts to help celebrate CINQO de MAYO
- The official name of for Mexico is the United Mexican States.
- Mexico is the 11th most populated country in the world with around 117 million people (as of July 2012).
- Mexico is the 14th largest country by land area.
- There are 31 states in Mexico as well as the capital city (Mexico City).
- Mexican flag is full of national symbolism. The green strip represents the Independence Movement. The white stripe represents the purity of the Catholic faith. The red stripe represents the Spaniards that joined in the quest for Independence and the blood of the national heroes.
- Tomatoes, Avocados, Mangos, Chilies, Squash, and Cocoa all originated in Mexico
- Mexico City sinks 10 inches each year.
- Tequila averages only 64 to 69 calories per ounce
There may be a test at the end of the WOD today…please be ready!
TODAY’S CINCO DE MAYO WOD
Carmen Miranda (known on the other 364 days of the year as Adam Brown)
TIME CAP 40 Minutes
2 Rounds for Time
24 Deadlifts 295/205
24 Box Jumps 24/20
24 Wall Balls 20/14
24 Bench Press 195/125
24 Box jumps 24/20
24 Wall Ball Shots 20/14
24 Squat Cleans 145/100