Sugar free and Gluten free muffins that are delicious are always a challenge. I will often find recipes and modify them to the point that they are unrecognizable. Without further ado here is my “Incredible” ( Calvin’s review) apple Crumble muffins:
APPLE CRUMBLE MUFFINS
- 3 CUPS grated Apples – I just toss them in my food processor and pulse. My favourite to use as Matsu or Empire. You can also use Mackintosh. I would use firm slightly tart apples.
- 2 CUPS Rolled oats – Make sure they are gluten free if you have intolerances.
- 1½ CUPS unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ CUP Lakanto Monk Fruit Extract – ( if you are using sugar, you can use brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Extract
- ⅔ CUPS Avocado Oil or coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup Tiger Nut flour ( you can sub this for gluten free flour)
- 1 Cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon powder Plus 1/2 teaspoon for apple crumbleDirections:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the apple, oats, coconut, Lakanto and vanilla in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the apple mixture and set aside.
- Add the oil, eggs, flour, cinnamon and apple sauce to the remaining apple mixture and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture between a 12 x ½-cup-capacity lightly greased silicone muffin tin and top with the reserved apple mixture mixed with remainder of cinnamon. You might need to press down a bit for it to stick.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I am going to play around with cooking temp to see if I can make it even better…