2 years ago Jacqueline walked through out doors for her bootcamp. In the past 2 years she has transformed into a powerhouse! She is generous and supportive to other athletes, always has a word of encouragement for them. She is
our own Wonder Woman!
Words of advice/inspiration for newbies/everyone
- Never say never instead ask how?
- Listen to your coaches. Scaling and modifications are smart not weaknesses and are the steps to achieving proper technique.
- Technique first, increase weight later.
- Learn to count.
- Mobility and stretching are key even to you youngsters. It will catch up to you.
- Sweating is the best moisturizer.
- Record your results. Review them if you feel like you aren’t making head way.
- Crossfit is for everyone. I have never been made to feel like I don’t fit in even when I did box squats with a PVC pipe on my trail day back in 2011
How have you changed by doing CrossFit?
I am stronger. I am more confident. I love trying new things. I love challenges. Mark and I did a Spartan Race last summer. I loved it. It was a goal I had a few years ago. Crossfit helped me do it. I go to bed earlier.
I plan on enjoying an active life for the rest of my life.
I look forward to my next elementary and high school reunion. Gone is the girl that got picked last!!
Thank you Crossfit Pickering for being a great place to train, for providing awesome coaches and attracting athletes for are awesome people. I am so happy you are my village.